Deadline for application: 02/10/2019
Starting date: 18th of November 2019.
Tasks to be performed:
- Organise & implement the Transparency & Democracy campaign of the Greens/EFA group in the EP, working in cooperation with the Communication & Strategy Team Leader and with a core of MEPs to set the priorities for the campaign and to implement activities in support of the campaign priorities.
- Coordination of the policies and activities related to Transparency & Democracy in the Greens/EFA group, including organisation and chairing of meetings, as well as managing and implementing the annual campaign budget.
- Follow-up of the main EP committees in charge of Transparency & Democracy issues, working with policy advisors to highlight and communicate the work of the Greens/EFA group on tax justice issues. Supports the advisors in their political work and develop political change campaign tools.
- Ensure external communication activities: create content for information tools and documents (reports, leaflets, articles, video scenarios), coordinate online communication activities (social network, blog entries, media actions; support the media & press activities of the Greens/EFA group on the campaign issues;
- Event management: assisting in devising, planning & organising events (conferences & workshops and campaign actions) aimed at supporting the priorities of the Transparency & Democracy campaign.
- Ensure internal communication: Define media and communication actions together with MEPS working on the issues and in close liaison with the communications department; assist in the preparation of the internal briefings and press work on key issues.
- Maintain continuous dialogue with a network of contacts (civil society, think tanks, researchers and media) on campaign related activities in Europe.
Qualifications, experience and skills required:
- Work experience of 3 years or more;
- Work experience in the field
- Work experience in political campaigning including social media campaigns, network building etc.
- Very good knowledge of the European institutions, EU legislation and decision-making process;
- Educational background in line with the function;
- Familiarity with Green positions relevant for the work in the transparency and democracy;
- Very good writing skills and knowledge of organisational methodology;
- Very good knowledge of English and of at least one other EU language
- Open-mindedness, communicative attitude and experience in working in a political administration and in a multi-cultural team;
- Be a good team-worker and ready to work flexible hours and joining missions.
Under article 12, (2) of the Conditions of Employment of Other Servants (CEOS) of the European Communities, candidates must:
- Be citizen of an EU Member State;
- Enjoy full rights as citizen;
- Have fulfilled any obligations imposed by the laws concerning military service;
- Meet the character requirements for the duties involved.
We expect the candidate being an excellent team player who likes to work in a multicultural environment.
The Greens/EFA group is an equal opportunity employer. We promote diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment. In case of equal appreciation on competence and suitability for the position, preference will be given to female applicants.
In case of interest in this position, send a motivation letter with your CV by e-mail only to the Deputy Secretary General of the Group ([email protected]) with copy to Greens/EFA HR department ([email protected]) before 02 October 2019 end of business (7PM Brussels time).
Dela och diskutera sidan med dina vänner
Starta ett politiskt samtal, vår demokrati mår bra av det!