Starting date: September 2018
Tasks to be performed:
- Responsible for the preparation, minutes and follow up of the Greens/EFA Group's Bureau meetings, including drafting documents in several languages
- Responsible for the coordination of different political activities with the offices of the Greens/EFA Co-Presidents
- Responsible for the preparation of the calendar of the Greens/EFA group conferences and external events, as well as participation in the organisation and follow-up of ad hoc group events, including the group study days
- Responsible for the preparation, and follow-up of the meetings of the Secretaries General of political groups
- Assistance to the Secretary General in the constitutive phase of the Greens/EFA Group and the EP at the beginning of the legislature
- Participation, minutes and follow-up of strategic meetings with stakeholders (including the EGP) and follow-up on part of the ongoing group campaigns
- Responsible for updating the group Committees/Delegations and Coordinators lists and for drafting related letters to the MEPs Administration Unit
- Contacts on specific political and administrative files with the different departments of the Greens/EFA Secretariat (policy clusters, HR, communication, finances, logistics) and with the different EP services
- Assistance to the Secretary General on several dossiers, including follow-up of ad hoc working groups, follow-up on staff files, monitoring of the press and key political developments in selected Member States.
Qualifications and experience required:
- have an excellent level of English and a very good level of another EU language;
- have good drafting capabilities in English;
- be able to draft and write formal letters as well as minutes of meetings, briefings and other papers;
- have experience in office management;
- have a very good knowledge of current office software and internet applications (word, excel, outlook, PowerPoint, data base research etc.);
- have very good knowledge about the European institutions, in particular the European Parliament and its Rules of Procedure;
- have working experience of at least 3 years in line with the function;
- be open-minded, communicative, and experienced in working in a political administration and in a multi-cultural team;
- be a very good team-worker, ready to work flexible hours and to join missions.
Familiarity with the Greens/EFA group and Green politics is an asset.
Under article 12, (2) of the Conditions of Employment of Other Servants (CEOS) of the European Communities, candidates must:
- be citizen of an EU Member State;
- enjoy full rights as citizen;
- have fulfilled any obligations imposed by the laws concerning military service;
- meet the character requirements for the duties involved
In case of equal appreciation on competence and suitability for the position, preference will be given to female applicants.
In case of interest in this position, send a motivation letter with your CV and supporting documents by e-mail only to the Deputy Secretary General of the Group ([email protected]) with copy to Greens/EFA HR department ([email protected]) before 04/07/2018 end of business (7pm GMT+1).
Dela och diskutera sidan med dina vänner
Starta ett politiskt samtal, vår demokrati mår bra av det!