Starting date: June 2018
Tasks to be performed:
- Press and media advisor of the Greens/EFA group in EN. He/She works in close co-operation with the Head of Communication;
- Responsible for the English speaking sector of the press service of the Greens/EFA
- Responsible for the coordination of the presswork for the group priorities Tax Justice and Trade.
- Responsible for the relations with the media in Brussels and also with the national media as far as possible; drafting press releases and contributing to the press and media strategy of the group’s presidents;
- Coordinates the media/ press work with national delegationsand committees;
- Monitors the media at EU and relevant national levels and keeps the presidents, Secretaries General and the group updated about relevant reporting;
- Advises the Groups’ Presidents and the MEPs on Media strategies also concerning other communication tools as social media, etc;
- Assists in preparation of the Groups’ external communication material, including translation to English and proofreading upon request;
- Facilitates access for Greens/EFA MEPs to the media, manages interviews of the MEPs and secures the internal information of the Group via email;
- Informs pro-actively the media of Greens/EFA activities and campaigns;respond to press enquiries;
- Briefs the media on the Groups’ positions and statements; organizes and chairs press conferences;
- Provides editorial support for the external communications of the Group.
Qualification and experience required
- Native speaker or equivalent level of English
- Good knowledge of any other EU language
- Good knowledge of the Brussels based media
- In-depth knowledge of the Greens/EFA positions
- Working experience in line with the function.
- Experience in a political environment and a multicultural surrounding
- Experience and general knowledge of the functioning of the European institutions
In case of interest in this position, send a motivation letter with your CV and supporting documents by e-mail only to the Deputy Secretary General of the Group ([email protected]) with copy to Greens/EFA HR department ([email protected]) before 08/03/2018 end of business (7PM GMT+1).
Dela och diskutera sidan med dina vänner
Starta ett politiskt samtal, vår demokrati mår bra av det!