Deadline for application: 26/09/2019
Starting date: 04/11/2019
Tasks to be performed:
- Advising the Group’s MEPs on policy issues related to the International Trade Committee (INTA), in particular FTA negotiations in Asia and in the Eastern Neighbourhood, investment agreements negotiations, business and human rights issues, sustainable global value chains, trade and environment, trade in services, trade in public procurement, EU trade defence instruments;
- Preparing MEPs for Committee, coordinators, shadows and trilogues meetings incl. draft reports, briefings, resolutions, amendments, & voting lists; attending to committee meetings, assuring close contact to EP INTA secretariat;
- Negotiate and discuss on behalf of the Group with stakeholders, relevant NGOs and representatives of other political groups in the Parliament
- Writing briefings and debriefings for plenary votes, following outcomes after adoption and coordinating with communication services;
- Networking and coordination with the relevant NGOs on EU and Member State level as well as with Greens in national and regional parliaments;
- Contribute to information campaign material, to political initiatives towards the public and to conference organisation in the fields of competence;
- Do specific research and take part in the preparation of policy papers on key issues for committee and group priorities.
- Advising on issues for the China Delegation and to the South-Asia Delegation.
Qualifications, experience and skills required:
- Work experience in the field;
- Very good knowledge of the European institutions, EU legislation and decision-making process;
- Educational background in line with the function;
- Familiarity with Green positions relevant for the work in the INTA committee;
- Good negotiating skills;
- Very good writing skills and knowledge of organisational methodology;
- Excellent standard of English and fluent in at least one other EU language
- Open-mindedness, communicative attitude and experience in working in a political administration and in a multi-cultural team;
- Be a good team-worker and ready to work flexible hours and joining missions, notably the monthly plenary session in Strasbourg (FR)
Under article 12, (2) of the Conditions of Employment of Other Servants (CEOS) of the European Communities, candidates must:
- Be citizen of an EU Member State;
- Enjoy full rights as citizen;
- Have fulfilled any obligations imposed by the laws concerning military service;
- Meet the character requirements for the duties involved.
We expect the candidate being an excellent team player who likes to work in a multicultural environment.
The Greens/EFA group is an equal opportunity employer. We promote diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment. In case of equal appreciation on competence and suitability for the position, preference will be given to female applicants.
In case of interest in this position, send a motivation letter with your CV by e-mail only to the Deputy Secretary General of the Group ([email protected]) with copy to Greens/EFA HR department ([email protected]) before 26/09/2019 end of business (7PM Brussels time).
Dela och diskutera sidan med dina vänner
Starta ett politiskt samtal, vår demokrati mår bra av det!