About the European Greens
The European Green Party brings together political parties that share our Green values and are active across the entire European continent. Among other things, our positions focus on strengthening human rights, tackling the climate crisis, creating good jobs, empowering young people and building a strong, democratic Europe.
Social media manager
We are looking to hire a social media manager in the lead-up to our 2024 European election campaign. The social media manager will be responsible for administering our portfolio of social media channels, including the content published on these channels.
- Is your finger-on-the-pulse of Green, European and global political developments?
- Can you understand and absorb complex political messages and turn them into accessible and relatable social content that will shine on crowded timelines?
- Do you keep up-to-date with pop culture and the latest digital and social media trends?
- Does the chance to work on a pan-European election campaign excite you?
If you answer yes to all the above questions, we’d love to hear from you!
- Conceptualising accessible, relatable and platform-specific content.
- Briefing graphic designers, animators and video makers on the multimedia content needed for social media posts.
- Ensuring brand, visual identity and tone of voice consistency across all our social media channels.
- Featuring the party’s leadership on our social media channels and working with their teams to ensure alignment with European Green Party communications and the sharing of best practices.
- Working with Green politicians and communication staffers across Europe.
- Monitoring what Green Parties and other EU political actors are doing on social media.
- Exploring new digital and social media trends.
- Native or near-native level of English. Knowledge of other EU languages would be considered an asset.
- Strong grasp of Green, European and global politics with strong political sensitivity.
- Able to take quick decisions with sound judgment under pressure.
- Comfortable to work independently and take ownership of tasks.
- Proven experience in producing content for social media platform or working as a social media manager.
- Excellent knowledge of social media channels and their best practices.
- Fluency in emojis, memes, GIFs and pop culture references.
- The organisational ability to manage multiple projects, often on tight deadlines.
- Adherence to Green party values.
Not obligatory but would be considered an asset:
- A graduate of a Communications / Marketing / European Studies / Political Science degree.
- Previous work experience within a Green Party would be considered a very strong asset.
- Alternatively, work experience in another political organisation, an international institution, an NGO or a campaign organisation focused on EU politics would also be considered an asset.
- Experience in political campaigning.
- Basic experience with multimedia design platforms.
Apply for this job
Send the following items to email@example.com while noting “Vacancy – Social Media Manager” in the email subject-line.
- A CV.
- A cover letter.
- Links to three sample social media campaigns or posts from your portfolio, with a short paragraph explaining the scope of the campaigns / posts.
- A short-form video, maximum one minute long (e.g. Reel / TikTok), explaining why you should get the job – we’re looking for creativity! Kindly do not attach the video file to your email application but send it via WeTransfer and include the WeTransfer link in your email application.
The deadline for receiving applications is Sunday 5 February 2023. Should you need more information kindly contact our Head of Digital Communications, Leigh Pisani, on firstname.lastname@example.org.
- A competitive salary and benefits package (including a 13th salary, public transportation costs, meal vouchers, etc).
- The selected candidate will be hired on a full time (38 hours / week) indefinite contract with flexible working hours. Please note that occasional work-trips abroad and, in urgent cases, unsocial working hours may be required.
- The opportunity to work on a pan-European election campaign that only happens every five years and be part of a movement that is advancing social justice, human rights, democracy, rule of law and the protection of our planet.
- An opportunity to learn and grow through professional training and development.
- An international working environment with passionate and progressive colleagues.
At the European Greens we value diversity and welcome applicants from any underrepresented ethnic origin, national origin, gender, race, colour, religious belief, disability, sexual orientation or age.